Well, we've done it. We've made it 7 years. That's the number of perfection...so that gives hope that things can only get better. :) We redeemed a baby gift I received for my baby shower with Samuel. A friend volunteered 4 hrs. of free baby sitting as long as she got to keep the baby, too. Well we had her keep the four kiddos on Fri. night and we went out to eat using a gift card we had to a favorite Mexican restaurant, then we did something that boggled Byron's mind...we went to Walmart. It may seem funny to someone who is not in my position, but is was actually FUN to go to Walmart w/o any kids. I didn't even take my list. We bought a few things I could remember, but mostly just walked around. Byron said as long as I was having fun he didn't care.
Sat. we had another date. My folks kept the kids. We took them to their house and went out to eat with another gift card that we had. Our plans were to go to a movie with another gift card - I've been saving these things up ;) - but we ended up going to a few stores including Barnes and Noble just window shopping and I even splurged and got a Starbuck's coffee. This was about the cheapest anniversary, but we really enjoyed just hanging out together and just being "US" w/o kids. I think we will try the movie night for some other time. I'm really glad we did what we did. Two days in a row was the next best thing to actually going somewhere.
We are looking forward to the next 7 years!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment