I'm feeling a little better than I have been the last few weeks. I've been doing as much Bible reading and praying as my exhausted and busy life can spare me. I've been getting wise counsel and listening to or reading Christian programing that has been encouraging to me. It's awful when something is wrong and I know it needs to be addressed, but I just don't really know how to go about doing it. I know I will look back at the time in my life years from now and see what I learned through it all, but the process is soooo uncomfortable.
Our Christmas with the kids did go really good. It was as disorganized as I've been lately, but the kids had a good time and really liked their gifts. We didn't buy them much. We could have gotten them way more than we did, but felt that we wanted them to have less and appreciate it more than have so much stuff that they missed the true focus of Christmas.
We just spent the day here together as a family. I must confess that my sad, depressed attitude crept in on me by evening, but the Lord is really helping me overcome it and not dwell on the things that have caused it. My mom came by for a little while late in the evening and spent about an hour or so with the kids seeing what they got and just being with them.
Byron has been driving for a limo service http://www.bigcountrylimo.com/ all Christmas season and the last few groups he has taken out have been very generous with tipping. That has been a huge blessing to us as the metal business has all but stopped this last week. It will pick up again and at that time the limo business will drop off until prom season. God has really shown Himself faithful in providing for us. This time last year we weren't even able to participate in family Christmas. Our goal this year is to put a huge dent in our debts or even get out of debt completely.
I just want to say I am working hard to shift my focus to all God's blessings and the good things I know about my family and the good things I know about my children and not focus on the things that have been so depressing to me these last few weeks. It is hard though to keep what is bothering me to myself and not share with my husband, but he would not likely be any encouragement in this issue and would more likely blow a gasket. So this is a burden I must bear alone. I think that is on reason it has been so hard on me. Usually, I handle things so well, even criticism. Then again I am used to receiving information face to face not two or three links done the line from the original observer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment