Sunday, June 1, 2008

Austin's Day

You know, it's great to always do things as a family, but having "alone" events is so nice, too.

Saturday Austin got to go to a friend's birthday w/o having to share the event with his siblings. He would have been fine with them there, but I think he REALLY enjoyed getting to have his own day. He told me over and over how much fun he had.

The girls didn't exactly get left out. They got to spend the day with Mamaw and Papaw. Mamaw planned a lovely, fun tea party for the girls. They were thrilled! Actually, they had so much fun that as we were leaving for church tonight, Leah brought along her back pack just in case she got a chance to go to Mamaw and Papaw's again. =)

I've decided that maybe at least a couple times a year each child should get a "special day". It doesn't have to be anything costly, just something they get to do without the others. Something to make them feel special. We spend so much time building unity and I think we are really doing a pretty good job teaching them to get along and share things and time. I think this idea will turn out to be a big memory building venture for our family. I'm already thinking about what to do next with whom!!

No comments: