Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Same Old Same Old

I just realized that tomorrow will make one month since my last entry. This has been such a busy month but there has not been a lot of excitement. It's just the daily grind with a few breaks now and then. School is all consuming these days. Not that I HAVE to, but I really WANT to finish as close to the same time as "regular" schools and I don't exactly know why I feel that way. It's not like our life is dictated by their schedules. Victoria is continue to progress as she should and that makes me feel very good about what we are doing. On the other hand, I spend so much of every day hounding her to get her work done that I often reach the end of the day with ALL my work left to do and no energy for the tasks. This part I do not like. There are a few things I really need and they are more energy, greater focus, better organization, more self-control/patience (although I really don't want to increase tribulation in order to get this one. )

We are still making plans and preparations to move. It is an increasingly slow process. I've been packing boxes, but have nowhere to put them. So my walls are lined with boxes and things almost look worse than they did before I started packing. Byron still brings stuff in that has no relevance to our daily life, but at least he has not been bringing as much in here. I'm just wondering if I will ever have the house presentable enough to show and get sold. As far as actually selling, we have only put a sign in the yard and two adds online which have both expired so far. We have found a couple of places that could be possibilities, but we can't make a move on anything until we have this place SOLD. So that is what is going on with the house/moving.

Easter was fun, but not a big family affair this year. We gave the kids their Easter baskets before leaving for church. They all had Easter egg hunts at church and then we came home for lunch with Byron's folks and had a little egg hunt here in the house.

Sunday morning I woke up to an invasion. I have not had ants anywhere but the bathrooms around the bathtub/shower and those have been gone for quite awhile. Well, Sunday I walked into the kitchen and there were ants all over my counter on the sink side/outside wall. I've got ant baits sitting on the counter and under the sink and I'm squashing ants every time I'm in the kitchen. Must be scary for those little bitty creatures when they see my thumb coming down toward them. hehehe!!

Samuel is developing a little vocabulary of his own. He's been saying "Dada" for awhile, then he added "Tata" (Victoria), next came "baa" (bye) and finally last week he gave me a big "Mama" and melted my heart. :)) He's crawling everywhere and we have gates and barriers all over the place. The big kids are really into making sure he doesn't get anything he shouldn't have, or at least nothing of theirs.

Leah is still showing NO interest in going potty. I've tried every method I used with the other two and she just has no desire. I've decided to wait on "formal" training until school is out. Then I can focus on it without distraction or at least as much distraction. The other two were so easy and so much younger. I used to say I would never buy size 6 diapers and it has come back to haunt me. I just had to get her size 6 because the 5s just wouldn't do the job anymore. URGH!! One nephew who just turned 2 is already asking to go potty and a friend at church was talking about her little guy who is only about 18-20 mos. and is starting to go potty. It just frustrates me, but I'm trying not to act that way about it with her or I could just make the issue bigger and more difficult. I know she will get it and will be in panties way before she turns 4, right?!?!?

There's not that much to say about dear Austin. He just keeps getting taller and skinnier and gaining in his coordination skills. He's started "school". A few days a week he sits down with us and works on some number and letter pages that I have for him. I never go longer than he is interested. I want him to want to come back and do more.

Byron's scrap business has been hit and miss, but we are staying afloat for now. Sometimes it looks like things will really take off and then some set back occurs and we have to wade out of it.

That's about the best update I have on us for now. Hopefully, I'll get on here again before another month passes me by.

No comments: