It never fails that when one of the kids asks me to do something I respond much like this, "Just a minute, I'm right in the middle of something. I'll help you as soon as I'm done." Yesterday, after just such an answer, Austin asked me why I was always working or busy. I told him that all grown ups had to work either at their jobs or at home or both. He thought for a minute then said, "Well, when I grow up I'm not going to work, I'm just going to play all the time." I told him that would be just fine, but he had to understand that if he didn't work then he wouldn't have a house or a car, he would have to sleep outside wherever he could find a place to lay down, he would have a hard time getting clothes and he wouldn't be able to buy food. He would have to go dig through trash and eat other peoples left over food they had thrown away." He quickly said, "
Ewww, I think I'm going to work after all, and I'll work hard!"
Samuel is trying extra hard to crawl, today.
YAY! Now that he is over being sick, he's eating like there is no tomorrow and trying to get all grown up on me, too.
Now here are just a few pictures from Jan/Feb events....
Mamaw and Papaw with the grandkids at one of the Christmas gatherings.
Leah turned 3 in January

Austin turned 5 in February

Defenders of the Fort

Better "cake" picture

No, she didn't load him in the dump truck herself...but he sure thought it was fun

No comments:
Post a Comment