Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If You Can't Be Crazy, You'll Go Crazy

Well, this has not been my best day in a while. When children # 1 and #2 come screaming that I HAVE to hurry and see what child #3 has done I know it is not going to be a pleasant discovery. Leah dumped almost all of a brand new big bottle of Tetra fish flakes in the tank plus I don't know how much Betta food, too. School came to a grinding halt as I tried to save those "stupid little fishies lives." I was digging around blindly in the murky water with my strainer and hands trying to find the fish I knew were there but could not see. I finally got them all, yet. I got both catfish and both plicostimas (sp?) and all the monster goldfish, but the rest are so little that they were very hard to find in the murk. Byron is going to be doing good if he doesn't blow a gasket when he gets home. It wouldn't be as bad if she had never been told to never ever put anything in the fish tank unless one of us told her to.

Victoria did think it was quite funny when I kept telling the fish to "Get over here. Don't you know I'm trying to save your stupid little life!" She's been repeating that all day. Aren't I proud!?

Samuel has been cutting teeth in groups, still. He has seven and the same 3 or 4 are swollen and still trying to break through for over a week. He's felt miserable but has been quite stoic. I'm so proud of him. Now if he only understood what my praise was for. He is also up on all fours. He can only rock or move backward, but I'm sure in a few more days the army crawl will be a thing of the past. He's giving up baby food because he has enough teeth and mommy says table food is much more affordable. Besides I think table food is more fun to eat.

There were a few other great kid mishaps today, but I've run out of time for this blogging pleasure right now.

1 comment:

Gallagators said...

I enjoy reading your updates, Lisa! Sorry it was a rough day :(