Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New School Year

We started school Sept. 1st. I know what a "mean" Mommy starting school on a holiday. Our plans for that day got cancelled, so I figured, "Why not". That gives us one more day to work with when it comes to interruptions as the year goes by. Victoria is doing really well with the DVD program I am using with her this year and Austin is starting to catch on quickly to his work, too. Right now they are both still excited about the school year. That makes it so much easier on me when they are not griping and complaining. Makes the whole house a happier place to be. Leah REALLY wants to do school, too. I'm letting her sit and participate in Austin's lessons and give her pages from a preschool book that are relevant to what we are learning. I'm guessing she will be reading and writing some before the year is up.

Samuel is just happy to run, roam and growl. Yes, a deep growl is his new fav thing at the moment. He will even attack you with a big hug after he "chases" you while growling. He has had his hair trimmed over his ears and in the next month or 2 HAS to have his first hair cut. Right now he looks like he's working on a mullet and we are not even going there....the 80's are over and don't bring them back. ;)

I'm still working on getting to the bottom of my health issues. I really don't think I have anything serious, but there is certainly something that needs figured out. Mommy of 4 little ones needs to be 100%. My next dr. appointment is this Friday.

I'll come back before the week is over, hopefully, and get a few recent pictures up here including my kiddos at their desks doing school.

1 comment:

Les and Kimberly said...

Thank you, Lisa! We're so excited and just keep praying that everything continues to go well. Make sure to keep checking back for more updates - I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks from today - YAY!!!