The entire month of February I have had at least one child sick. This past week was a real doosy with three throwing up and two with lovely diarrhea. Byron and I each got a touch of it, too, but not very bad. Samuel had the worst of it and lost either 2 or 3 lb that Mr. Skinny sure didn't have to lose. We all finally were well by Fri. evening. I'm so exhausted from this whole month that I really don't know whether I'm coming or going and my thoughts struggle to make sense to me.
My packing came to a screeching halt last Sunday when Samuel was the first to start puking. I just couldn't keep up. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Yesterday I got one box packed and Saturday I packed 3 boxes. I don't know if I will ever be able to get this house presentable enough to sell. I'm just going to have to pray for a miracle buyer to come, look, not care and just buy. We can't afford a storage unit and the warehouse where Byron is starting up a metal business doesn't look like a very good option for long term storage of all our items like boxes of books, clothes, dolls and stuffed animals that rodents from the surrounding fields would love to eat and make nests out of. We have an oppressive amount of work to get done before a move can take place and I so often feel confused about just where to even start. If the weather holds and Byron doesn't drive the limo this weekend we will be having a yard sale. We plan to have all three allowed by the city before we move out of the house.
We have had just a few "well" moments during the month. One of those moments was Austin's birthday. Kyle and the boys and Papaw came to our house for a little party and the cousins had a blast playing. It was such a nice day they got to spend a lot of time outside playing. About a week and a half later Michaela and all three kiddos came for a little play date and I got my hair colored at the same time. "Thanks Sis" I had at least 2" of gray at the roots and it was looking really rough. The kids had fun that day too, but they were stuck inside because it was wet and cold.
Our days go much like this...get up, eat, get daddy up, shoo him out the door, start school, put two in front of the TV and one on the floor in my sight, repeatedly say "leave Samuel alone and let him play", feed Samuel and put him to bed, fix lunch and eat, get V back on school and have projects for the other two to work on, put the other two in separate rooms and keep doing school, put the other two back in front of the TV and keep doing school, eventually finish school and get Samuel up to eat and play, try to figure out what to do for supper, all the while constantly doing loads of laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, doing dishes, changing diapers, wiping noses, picking up messes or following around the one who is being told to pick up their things, wiping up the toilet seat from little boy splatter, and the list goes on. Right now, I'm sure I should be doing at least one of the things on this list of daily activities.
Byron is now operating out of a warehouse where he can sort his metals to scrap one kind at a time and be able to get top dollar for that particular metal. He plans to open and operate a small scrap yard himself where he will by aluminum, copper and a couple of other metals. He is quite excited about this and I really hope it works out the way he thinks it will. If this succeeds, then I think he will have finally found the perfect job for himself and something he can do for years to come. Until the business takes off, we have to figure out how to come up with the rental payment for our half of the building, but at least all that metal stuff isn't in our yard and house anymore. {BIG SMILE}
Random thought...my kids say some of the funniset things and I wish I was together enough to write them all down. I always forget by bedtime which is when I thought I'd jot those kind of things down in a notebook that I'm keeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment