Thursday, February 7, 2008

Progressing Slowly But Surely

Things are progressing, though rather slowly. Byron and his dad got a warehouse today out in Forney. Byron can move his trailer, metal bins and all his other stuff out there. We will also move boxes out there as we try to sell our house, so this place will look less cluttered and more appealing. We have a for sale sign in our front yard and have listed the house ourselves in several locations on line. Once we have the clutter gone and the place easy (yeah, right) to clean up in a hurry we will list it in the paper and really push to draw in prospective buyers to look at the house. Hopefully, we are pricing it low enough to move it fast once we get people through the door. It does need interior paint, carpet (if the spots won't come out in the LR), screens on most windows (didn't have any screens when we bought it) and one garage door needs fixed. (The door that fell on me just two days before my 2nd miscarriage...no way to tell if that is what caused it.) So the house is in reasonable repair, just needs some little things done to it. Enough to give someone a great deal, but they could move in immediately and live with it if they needed to.

I have been set back by sickness. Samuel started running fever last Fri. at 2 AM and I finally had to take him to the dr. on Tues. He just wasn't getting better and then started acting like his ear hurt. Thankfully he didn't have the flu, but it was some sort of virus. The ear was a secondary infection and there may have been a bit of a throat infection, too. The dr. didn't check his throat because she said the same med would be used for both and there was no need to "torture" him with further exam. Now nearly 36 hrs after starting the Amoxicillin he is fever free and slept all night last night. YAY!!!

It was funny or cute, when I brought Samuel home from the dr. Leah came running up and touched his face and said, "Oh, Sammy, I was so worried about you! You be O.K.?"

My brother and sil just had triplets and I'm dying to go see them. It's just killing me to know they are a week old and all I've been able to do is see pictures. With sickness all around me, I can't got visit and carry germs in on my person. "Tyler, Whitney, Hannah your Aunt Lisa loves you and so does Uncle Byron and your cousins. We pray for you to keep getting bigger and stronger every day so you can go to your own home with your mommy and daddy. I'll see you as soon as I can."

Now I'm off to get back to school with Victoria. If I don't stay right on top of her, she starts to piddle around and can make school last till late in the evening. I like to try and get school done while Samuel naps.

No comments: